Faced with soaring oil prices, the carrier Goëvia is betting on Oleo 100!

9 May, 2022

The war in Ukraine causes oil prices to soar. Penalizing for all consumers, this inflation places the transporters of Bordeaux and elsewhere in more than delicate situations. To limit their dependence on expensive and polluting energy, transport companies are now banking on Oleo 100. This 100% vegetable fuel, which reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 60%, is produced in France. Able to meet the economic and environmental challenges of international and domestic transport, this renewable energy holds great promise for the future.

French rapeseed to run trucks, it’s possible

In France, Renault Trucks and the Avril group (which produces rapeseed in the country) have joined forces to develop a 100% made-in-France B100 production line. Currently, this plant-based, renewable fuel can be used in all B100-approved diesel vehicles.

Offering the same range as diesel with a carbon footprint that is 2.5 times better, Oleo 100 is the preferred solution for initiating the energy transition in freight transport. Within the Avril Group, Oleo100 production is based on a seed value chain, thanks to the co-production of oils, rapeseed cake and vegetable glycerine. On March 30, 2022, the French President announced the eligibility of the new exclusive B100 vehicles to the Crit’Air 1 sticker. The granting of the Crit’Air 1 sticker will allow approved vehicles running exclusively on B100 to drive in Low Emission Zones.

At Goëvia, the issue of carbon footprint has long been a central concern. That’s why all our vehicles are equipped with air deflectors on the sides and roof. Their objective is to improve the vehicle’s power and reduce its consumption, while increasing the coefficient of penetration in the air. In addition, we recover payload on our vehicles every day, thanks to the choice of fiberglass boxes (Solight).

Other initiatives have already been taken in favor of the environment: processing fuel to consume less, automatic control of tire pressure (via the TPMS system, the first use of which in France was signed by Goëvia) or optimized flow management, but also expansion of the fleet compatible with Oleo 100.

The importance of an alternative energy made in France

Currently, 22% of Goëvia’s fleet is eco-responsible (hybrid or Oleo 100 compatible). For the remaining 78%, we use the most efficient Euro 6 models. By 2024, our goal is to strengthen our ecological approach by increasing the number of environmentally friendly vehicles to 50%.

Of course, gradually replacing your fleet with Oleo 100-compatible vehicles helps to limit the carbon footprint of transportation, and therefore to adopt a more environmentally ethical approach.

But we must not forget that Oleo 100 is an energy that is entirely produced in France. By using it for our road transport, we contribute to support the economy, agriculture and industry of our country and to finance the initiatives launched on our own territory.

The advantages of Oleo 100: much more than an ecological initiative

Using French energy also significantly reduces dependence on international markets. The war in Ukraine shows us how risky it can be to go abroad to find raw materials: in the event of a crisis, prices can rise considerably. These inflationary phenomena are less likely to impact transport professionals if they buy their fuel from French suppliers.

Today, truck manufacturers such as MAN, Renault Trucks and Volvo Trucks are constantly expanding their product ranges to offer a maximum of Oleo 100 compatible vehicles. They have been developing their first B100-approved models since 2018 and have been marketing exclusive B100 vehicles since July 2021.

Transportation companies in France and abroad support initiatives that reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and promote the local economy! They are participating in their own way in a more ethical and responsible world, with Oleo 100 and all the other developments that are being added in the same perspective.

Oleo 100 can help reduce fuel costs. So, despite all the efforts made to reduce its carbon footprint, your carrier in France is still required to apply a diesel tax.

Because it may seem unclear to you, Goëvia has created a tool that allows you to calculate your fuel indexation. Receive our tool and calculate your diesel indexation now.

Le guide d'accessibilité Goëvia

Les secrets d’une livraison réussie, sans imprévu

Dans ce guide, nous vous présentons les conseils essentiels pour en finir avec les retards et les imprévus à la livraison de la marchandise.

Découvrez nos derniers articles